THIS AND THAT FROM TWO-A-DAYS… Two days after Coach Bob Stoops welcomed suspended receivers Jaz Reynolds and Trey Franks back onto the team, he announced the permanent dismissal of the third receiver who had been suspended during the off-season, Kameel Jackson. When Jackson was suspended for violation of team rules earlier in the summer he responded by posting on Twitter his intention to Texas A&M. Then he changed his mind. Upon further review at the start of preseason camp, coach Bob Stoops decided for whatever reason that Jackson would be the one who had to go. Meanwhile, after only a […]Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "Nila Kasatati"
Oklahoma vs Louisiana Tech
6 pm; Owen Field; August 30, 2014
Oklahoma has never played the La. Tech in football. But the Bulldogs are known for their women's basketball teams, having won three national titles, and lead the series against the Sooner women 4-1.
Coach: Skip Holtz. Holtz is in his second year at La. Tech, having coached Univ. So. Florida before that. He is the son of former Arkansas, Notre Dame and South Carolina Coach Lou Holtz, who manages to annoy millions on ESPN's college football studio coverage.
Famous La. Tech alum: Terry Bradshaw.
What you may not know: La. Tech has won three national championships -- but none since joining Division I (college bowl subdivision) in 1975.
Hunter’s Top 5
- 1. Ray's Smokehouse Barbecue. 1514 W. Lindsey. You can't beat Ray's. Best combo of ribs and barbecue sauce and friendly service. The stack of firewood out back proves they know how to smoke meat.
- 2. Van's Pig Stand. 320 N. Porter. This place is just one good barbecue sauce away from challenging Ray's. Their smoked turkey at Christmas time is great. Their ribs are good. Has the funny look to the place. Did it used to be a service station?
- 3. Bill Sims BBQ. 2226 W. Main. Good stop before an OU game. The pictures on the wall of past Sooners will get you going.
- 4. Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q. 3450 Chautauqua (at intersection with Highway 9). This place gets on the list because it hosts the Bob Stoops radio show. It is a fun way to spend a Thursday night.
- 5. Sooner Legends. 1200 24th Ave. SW. Haven't been there but other people say the portions are huge.
Highlights of OU's Bedlam win December 7, 2013.
Highlights of OU win over Notre Dame on Sept. 28, 2013
Highlights of OU win over Tulsa on Sept. 14, 2013.
Highlights of OU win over West Virginia on Sept. 7, 2013.
Highlights of OU win over Louisiana-Monroe on August 31, 2013.
Latest Soonerguys Twitter Posts
- RT @stevelackmeyer: This sucks. This really, really sucks. No more bad news please. Robin Williams, manic comedy star, dead at 63 http://t.… Aug 12, 2014
- RT @ClowESPN: Briles on Big 12: "I like our league and think it's tough. If somebody wants to jump in there for a couple years and try it o… Jul 24, 2014
- We had Baylor vying for #Big12FB championship. No more. Their mouths will get in the way. Jul 21, 2014