Stoops said teams are not rewarded for playing tougher opponents. In some cases that means teams that beat others remain ranked lower in the polls, so the incentive is to schedule easier opponents. See more of this story here.
OU at Kansas State
Manhattan, 2:30 pm October 17, 2015.
About the opponent:Kansas State comes into the game at 3-2 for the season and 0-2 in Big 12 conference play. The Wildcats have lost close games to Oklahoma State and TCU.
Series record:Oklahoma leads the series 72-19-4 since the game was first played in 1908. The Sooners lost to the Wildcats in Norman last year, 31-30. Oklahoma has not lost to Kansas State in Manhattan in the Stoops era.
Coach: Bill Snyder is Charlie Strong is in his 23rd year as Kansas State coach. His career record is 190-96-1. His record against Oklahoma is 8-12.
Last season: Kansas State finished the 2014 regular season with a 9-4 record over all, and 7-2 record in conference. Kansas State lost to UCLA in the Alamo Bowl 40-35.
What you didn't know:Bill Snyder often sends congratulatory notes to opposing teams' players for playing well.
A visual warm up to this week's game in Dallas
Friends don't let friends go to Texas
OU-Texas Week Twitter Posts
- Given the pre-season booster rally incident, the firing of Sarkisian comes with little surprise. #USC Oct 12, 2015
- What hurts is #sooners lost to a team that isn't very good. Oct 10, 2015
- Kickers warming up to U2 "Its a beautiful day". Indeed it is. #beattexas #sooners http://t.co/XbGMTAVbtH Oct 10, 2015
- At Fair Park. It's time to #BeatTexas . #Sooners http://t.co/v1XbKkiaeT Oct 10, 2015
- @TRowOU Hush Toby! #BeatTexas Oct 9, 2015
- RT @OUClubofCO: One of the great experiences in College Football is running out of the Tunnel for OU-Texas in the Real COTTON BOWL https://… Oct 9, 2015
- Soonerguys heading to Big D. The Huntermobile going south. Boomer! #BeatTexas http://t.co/Sflz8rx0jh Oct 9, 2015