Stoops said teams are not rewarded for playing tougher opponents. In some cases that means teams that beat others remain ranked lower in the polls, so the incentive is to schedule easier opponents. See more of this story here.
Quote of the week:
" (Mixon) earned a way to be back to have an opportunity for a second chance to redeem himself with strict guidelines that go with it."--
Bob Stoops, about Joe Mixon's suspension in 2014.
Soonerguys’ Bowl Season Twitter
- Imagine how much better Bama and Clemson passing would be if they had a Baker Mayfield at QB? #AlabamaVsClemson Jan 10, 2017
- RT @Kenny_Mossman: Nice work here by our photographer, Ty Russell. #Sooners https://t.co/gGsFTTDPMJ Jan 4, 2017
- RT @OURUFNEKS: Thanks @OU_ThePRIDE for the cart, cause the Sooner Schooner 2.0 made history. #Sugar17 #SugarBowlChamps https://t.co/GvrVpnQ… Jan 3, 2017
- RT @BruceFeldmanCFB: Fewest points allowed per game in bowls by Power5 conference may shock some folks: Big12: 21.5; ACC: 22.3; SEC: 25.4;… Jan 3, 2017
- RT @johnehoover: From one Sugar Bowl MVP to another. #Sooners https://t.co/RRvyB6I6NO Jan 3, 2017